4/20/16

Interview

Interview with Mrs. Eka Jorjadze, the german teacher

What did you study for this job?
I studied German language, German literature, and German culture. 
Did you always know that you wanted to become a German teacher?
Well, yes, my interest in German language started when I was with my grandma who was German and I always felt like this is what I wanted to do, this is what I want to dedicate my life to. 
Where did you study German?
Everything started in a German public school in Tbilisi. After that I have studied at Georgian university of European Languages and Literature, in Leopold-Franzens university in Insbruck and in Otto-Friendrich university in Bamberg.
Why did you become a teacher?
I always taught, all my life. Before I became teacher at QSI I was home tutor. I liked the school. It is very colorful and has a good aura. Everyday is interesting and fun to spend in classroom with my students. You need to love children and have patience to be a teacher.
Any other jobs that you had before this one?
Yes, I worked as translator from German into Russian and Georgian. Also I have worked in a tour agency.
If you could start from the beginning would you choose to be a German teacher?
Yes, of course. German is my passion.
Could you please describe your typical day at school?
Well, everyday I have 5 lessons and each lesson is different level of german knowledge since all my students are of different age. After that I have cooking class with small children. I have to say that despite the fact that there are a lot of kids in cooking class I feel the most relaxed during that time. I feel much better after spending time with kids. As they say kids are flowers of our lives.
What is your favorite part of the day?
Generally, I would say after lunch when I have class with small ones. They are learning about colors, numbers, alphabet. I also teach them german poems and songs. Kids are always in good mood and are very eager to learn. Classes with them are fun and interesting.
Is it hard to switch between different levels of German for each class?
At first it was hard but now I got used to it. After so many years this is the easiest part of my job.
How do you practice your language skills?
I talk to my friends from Germany of course. I also watch German television and read books in German.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cat Paw Print